Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Isabeau Purse



Finally got this purse finished at The Crafty Knit and Stitchers Tuesday meeting last night. This was from a free pattern on http://www.ravelry.com/ and from the designer Sylvie Damey.

Anybody who knows me well - knows I love tiny little handbags and have been known to venture out  for a rare night on the town with my phone, keys, card, cash and lippy in a bag measuring not more than 3"x3". Any more space is just a waste....and hard to find things in after a couple of glasses of vino!
Although the original pattern is knit in a cotton / acrylic mix I could not resist knitting it up in my favourite Artesano Aran. It is so soft to touch and feels quite robust with the lace and moss sections. This was a lovely project to do as it was my first time knitting a lace pattern (front and back panels). The sides and bottoms were knit in a moss stitch and the edgings, a mixture of lace and stockinette. This was also knit using less than a skein! The other challenge which I liked about this pattern was that the joining up was done by single crochet. This gave a nice decorative effect and I'm sure using a contrasting colour would really make it stand out.
I originally lined the bag in a pretty sky blue floral cotton but was not happy with it so I removed the lining and I will reline it when I find a good complimentary fabric.
I think I will experiment with this pattern again in different yarns.
So on to the next project.........

Cathy

P.S. Got the button from the lovely Suzie who recently sent me some lovely bits and pieces as part of our mini book swap. Thanks Suzie - was looking for just the right btto :-)

No comments: