Design Team member responsibilities include:
* Create a minimum of 3 crafting projects a month using the supplies we provide you with. These can take the form of layouts (12x12, 8x8 etc.), minibooks, cards, altered art, tags, ATC's etc. Since your work will be linked to the products we sell we do ask that you use a certain number of supplies on each layout
* Create at least one tutorial a month to be uploaded to Youtube and / or at least one project with step by step written instructions using the supplies we have provided you with.
* Agree to a 6 month commitment of 1st April, 2010-1st October, 2010.
* Sign and return the Design Team contract. Failure to return or comply with the rules in the contract will result in termination from the team.
* Take well photographed pictures of your layouts
* Actively promote The Crafty Alley Shop on your blog and any other websites where rules allow at least 4 – 5 times a week.
* As a design team member you are an extension of our site, shop and business so you will be expected to act in a professional manner both on our site and on other sites you visit.
* Actively participate in the Crafty Alley Shop forums and blogs and promote events, special offers and new products.
The Crafty Alley Design Team Member benefits:
* Receive FREE monthly supplies. The Crafty Alley Shop will pay the shipping and handling on your design team supplies. In return for supplies, we retain the right to display your work in our online galleries after your term ends. These supplies must be used by yourself and for the purposes of promoting the products for The Crafty Alley Shop. You of course get to keep the supplies and projects you make using them.
*A special discount for the duration of your term with us as a Designer for any purchases you make from our shop and website.
We are looking for experienced crafters who have the WOW factor, are fun, committed and can prove their dedication to their craft. We also need people who are very active bloggers (blog must be at least 6 months old with a minimum of 30 subscribers) and are savy with other channels such as Youtube, Ning networks, Twitter etc.
In order to apply for The Crafty Alley Shop Design Team, submit the following by end of day on March 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images of 4 original paper craft projects which must include the following 3 elements - scrapbooking, cardmaking and an altered project and one other project (can be another of the above).
- Also, please answer the following questions in your email:
- How long have you been crafting?
- What motivates your crafting?
- How would you define your crafting style – vintage, contemporary etc.?
- Are you happy to try new styles and share these with others?
- How long have you been blogging and how often do you blog normally?
- Are you happy promoting your design team work and also the shop and website on your blog?
- Will you be able to make at least 10 posts a week on our forum and / or blog. If not, please explain why.
- How do you plan to keep the message board active or what types of things could you bring to the site to keep the members happy and talking?
- Why do you feel you should be chosen to be a part of The Crafty Alley Shop Design Team?
- Are you currently a design team member anywhere else? Please provide full details if you are.
- Please include links to your Website, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Online Photo Channels and any other online channels you use to promote your crafting.
- Please let us know if and where any of your work has been published? (e.g. Magazines, books etc.)
*Any falsification of the above information will result in disqualification of your application.*
The Crafty Alley Shop design team will be announced no later than March 19th 2010. If you are interested in becoming part of our team but have questions, please email me at email@example.com. Otherwise, please submit your work to the same email address in order to be eligible for this wonderful opportunity.
Good Luck and I look forward to working with some of you soon!
Spread the word!